Heading to Nicaragua!

Tomorrow I leave for three weeks in Nicaragua, and the real beginning of this Trading Places blog. The stories I have shared so far are experiences I’ve had in the past couple of years, real stand-out people and places that are some of my top travels of late.

Nicaragua is the first stop on my 2012 travels, and I look forward to the experiences and to posting about them here. I’ve never been to the country before, but when I was in Costa Rica several years ago I kept hearing about how less traveled and unspoiled Nicaragua was, and I’ve long wanted to visit.

I will be staying in home exchanges and some cool island organic farms. I’ll be hiking volcanoes and possibly sand-boarding down them; visiting some nonprofit organizations; exploring artists colonies; and parking on an island you can walk across in an hour.

I will be doing all this with my partner, Keith, and I’ll be taking you along for the journey. So watch this space for Trading Places updates from Central America!

Advertisements

Tags:

Categories: EXPLORE

Hit me up

Hit me up via social media or RSS feed

8 Comments on “Heading to Nicaragua!”

1. January 3, 2012 at 11:38 am #

Sounds exciting! One of our writer friends did a guest post on GGT about Nicaragua, but we’ve never been. Sounds relatively unspoiled compared to the more well-known Central American hotspots. We look forward to reading about your journeys.

2. January 3, 2012 at 5:07 pm #

Just got back from my first ever visit to Nicaragua – installing solar on a school in a remote community – with Power to the People. Loved it.

3. January 3, 2012 at 6:24 pm #

Thanks, the Power to the People org sounds great, I’ll have to check it out!

4. January 4, 2012 at 7:51 am #

Sounds like a great trip. Have fun, be safe and I think you can get some super jacked-up delicious coffee there 🙂

5. January 10, 2012 at 2:54 pm #

Good luck on your new journey!

6. December 18, 2012 at 11:59 am #

so how was it?

Talk To Me

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s