They lay silent underneath the surface of the sea, holding hands with their faces turned up in hope. The Circle of Children is an underwater sculpture just off the coast of the Caribbean nation of Grenada, done by artist Jason de Caires Taylor. Their transformation, as they become remodeled through coral and other ocean growth, reflects […]
- Finding Home: Our Soul Cultures December 11, 2012
- 60 Minutes Up, 60 Seconds Down: Adventures in Volcano Boarding January 9, 2012
- Gear Review: Eagle Creek’s Flip Switch Wheeled Backpack January 28, 2013
- Wildlife in Peril in Thailand February 15, 2012
- The Top 5 Inspirational People I’ve Met in my Travels July 26, 2012
- Brazil in Photos: São Paulo, Ilhabela and Foz do Iguacu January 14, 2017
- HomeAway for the Holidays Giveaways December 2, 2016
- Alaska in Photographs November 2, 2016
- Gear Review: Toiletry Kit and Sleep Pillow by Eagle Creek October 22, 2016
- 50 by 50 Accomplished!! September 13, 2016
Time To My Next Trip:
The Person Behind the Blog
I'm Shelley, a journeyer and learner of the world, freelance journalist and author, yoga chick and dog lover. I pound the keyboard from home barefoot every day, and while my boss is demanding she also occasionally lets me have the early afternoon cocktail. I think not going into an office or collecting corporate paychecks are very good ideas, though not always profitable. I have written for National Geographic, USA Today, The Guardian, Texas Monthly and CNN, among others. Neither the New York Times nor Johnny Depp have answered my letters yet.
I love animals, yoga, indie movies, cooking, wine, books and chocolate, though not necessarily in that order. I believe in karma. Mean people suck. If I could have any dream job I would like to be a superhero. I have performed a catch on the flying trapeze, boarded down a live volcano, snorkeled with seals and was once robbed by a monkey in Nepal. But, I don't know how to whistle.
My mantra is "travel with a purpose."